The California Early Care and Education (ECE) Workforce Registry (the Registry) is a web-based data system that maintains demographic and verified education and professional development information for members of the early care and education workforce in an electronic portfolio.
The Registry takes the protection of members’ personal information seriously. Some information about Registry members can be shared with employers who have been authorized to receive Employer Administrative Access. Sharing information with employers supports professional development planning and reduces the need for multiple submissions of child development permits, transcripts, training records, credentials and other documentation. Administrators, or designated staff in organizations that employ members of the workforce (ex. Human Resources), who have been granted Administrative Access can also verify key information about their employees and obtain reports with verified data, including Quality Counts California staff qualifications scores. The Registry is currently available statewide through support from a collaboration of funders.
Administrative Access helps to ensure that the Registry has current and accurate information about ECE programs and their staff. It also helps to streamline reporting to state agencies and other funders. In order to receive Administrative Access, approved individuals must agree to do the following:
- Be an active member of the Registry
- Maintain an active e-mail account that is linked to your Registry profile
- Maintain an accurate and complete Program Profile by confirming or updating information annually
- Maintain accurate information about employees by confirming or updating information monthly
- Protect the security and integrity of personal information about employees in the Registry
Request Employer Program Administrator Access Video
See the Program Administrator Playlist
Requesting Employer Administrative Access
Administrative Access allows you to use the Registry to generate staff reports, verify staff employment, maintain your program’s profiles, enroll staff in trainings, and post job announcements on the Job Board. To request Administrative Access:
Go to www.caregistry.org
Enter your log in credentials. Username is your full email address.
After logging in, click on the Employer Admin Request tab located near the top of the Navigation Bar on the left side of the page.
Read through the instructions about the 2-step process in gaining Employer Administrative Access.
Step 1: Request Access by Selecting Organization, FCC, School, or Center
Scroll to the bottom of the page and check “I am an Employer Administrator and would like to access to manage my FCC, Center(s), School(s), school facility(ies), organization” and click Continue.
On the next page, you will find a list of Approved Requests, for the locations you have current Administrative Access to (if any). Below this list, you will select how you want to search for new or additional locations and a text box to type in your facility, school, FCCH, or organization name, city, zip code, or CCL license number. License number is the preferred method.
Be sure to include all the facilities for which Administrative Access is being requested. For example, for multi-site administrators, Administrative Access should be requested for all applicable sites. If a facility cannot be located using the search function, the facility information should be detailed in the documentation that is submitted to the Registry Office (see guidelines below).
Search and Selection
- Once you have entered your search criteria, click Search. A list matching your criteria will appear.
- Select the facility, school, FCCH, or organization that you want access to by clicking the circle next to the name.
c. Repeat until all locations are identified and click Add to List. Next click Submit Request.
i. You are also able to remove a location click Remove.
ii. In the case your facility does not appear in your search results, try searching for the facility using the full legal name printed on the license.
iii. If you cannot find your facility, please contact the Registry at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 2: Upload Authorization Documentation
After requesting Employer Administrative Access, you will need to send in documentation/letter that authorizes your access to the location(s) identified in your electronic Employer Administrative Access submission. See links to templates for authorization letters for: Licensed FCC Owner, School District site, and Non-profit or for-profit ECE employer.
To submit authorization document/letter:
- Upload feature is on My Documents
- Go to “My Tools & Settings” and on the dropdown go to “My Documents” or the “Quick Links,” My Documents).
- Upload the document/letter to your Registry Profile
- Click on the dropdown menu and select document type “Proof of Administrator Documentation”
- Choose the authorization document/letter you will be submitting from your computer
- Add “File Description” including site name
- Click on Upload Document
After receiving your Employer Administrative Access request and authorization document/letter, Registry administrators will approve or deny your request within 15 business days of submission, if all required documentation is received.
- You may receive an email requesting more information, please be sure to check your email regularly.
- You will receive an automated email notifying you whether your employer Administrative Access request has been approved or denied.
If you leave your employer administrative position, please contact the Registry within 24 hours, to remove your Employer Administrative Access.
In addition to allowing individuals to upload documents directly to their Registry profiles, the upload utility allows employers to upload documents to their staffs’ profiles. Once documents are uploaded, Registry personnel will review the documents, verify the information, and enter verified data into the individual’s Education and Training Report. Administrators on the Registry can see this report under the Staff Education and Training Report located in Program Administration. For employers participating in QRIS (Quality Counts California), the education and training data is calculated into QRIS scores for each staff with education and training on file. This score should be used as a tool to determine if there may be missing qualification documents but raters still need to assess qualifications.
To manage staff data and upload education and training documents, employers, or their administrative designees will need Employer Administrative Access. To gain Administrative Access, login to your Registry profile and click on Employer Admin Request.
NOTE: Be sure to read and follow the on-screen instructions carefully to ensure timely processing of your Employer Administrative Access Request.
First, to ensure that duplicate documents are not submitted, click on Program Administration, then Staff Education and Training Report to view summary education and training data, or on Staff Confirmation to view the source documents for current employees.
To upload employee documents:
- Login to the CA ECE Workforce Registry at www.caregistry.org.
- Click on Program Administration on the left navigation menu.
- Scroll down to “Uploaded Documents.”
- To upload a file, click on User Name to see a current list of employees in alphabetical order, and select an employee:
If CA Child Development Permit or CA Teaching Credential is selected, additional fields are displayed for data entry
- Select Permit/Credential Name
- Type in Document Number located on the permit or credential
- Enter Issue Date and Enter Expiration Date
NOTE: To ensure the verification of your staff’s permit/credential, please be sure to accurately enter this information.
- After, select Choose file and you may add a brief description of the document, such as permit type, high education institution that issue the transcript, etc. It is not a required field.
- Click Upload Document. You will see the document under Uploaded Documents with Unverified status. The document’s status will change to Verified once Registry staff complete the verification process.
Please allow 6 to 8 weeks for the verification of your staff’s documents.
The uploaded document will be visible to the employee and under Staff Confirmation for that employee.